One of the best and easiest ideas to create snacks that are in line with a baby shower theme is to purchase cookie cutters in the shape of a baby carriage, a teddy bear, a baby bottle, baby rattle, etc. and use them to cut out small tea sandwiches filled with, for instance, smoked salmon, cucumber and dill, egg salad or chicken salad. They will be very cute. The cookie cutters can be used to make darling iced sugar cookies, as well.
Other snack ideas to serve at a baby shower include:
- Chips and dips:French onion dip with chips, salsa and guacamole with tortilla chips or spinach or hot artichoke dip with pita bread cut into small baby shapes using the cookie cutters.
- Cheese and crackers:Serve a variety of crackers along with a blend of hard and creamy cheeses.
- An assortment of fresh-cut vegetables with a ranch dip
- Chicken skewers served with teriyaki or peanut sauce
- Shrimp served with cocktail sauce
- Mini quiches
- Fruit salad made up of whatever is seasonal
- Deviled eggs
- Olives and sweet pickles for a relish tray
- Chocolate truffles
- Personalized M&M’s
Place the nuts and candies around the party room to get people who don’t necessarily know one another mingling!